Friday, September 2, 2011

On the next Thursday the Nana made....

Every Tuesday I ask her for some other ideas of typical Chilean recipes.  For now I think that we are all wary of eating fish so she suggested Chorillana and I suggested a Kuchen for dessert because Rob has been eyeing them everywhere.

Chorillana is a typical dish consisting of a plate of fries with fried onions, cut up steak, and a fried egg on top. The way she prepared it there was oil gushing out of everything and it was really salty.  It reminded me of nasty bar food and probably will not be repeated although everybody else liked it.





Kuchen was introduced into the Chilean cuisine when German immigrants settled southern Chile in the 1850s. Kuchens in Chile usually have fruits, such as apples or strawberries. She made it with green apples and raisins.  It is yummy but Rob and I keep sneaking pieces.  It may not last long....


recetakuchendemanzana.gif


The other excitement for today is that I finally found a bank that does not charge $5 each time you take out money from an ATM.  Small thrills....

No comments:

Post a Comment