Sunday, November 6, 2011

Horseback Riding on the Outskirts of Santiago

Our three huasos (Chilean cowboys - sort of)

I am not a lover of horses and Elisa couldn't care less so Rob, Renee, and Jonathan headed for a horseback ride through the hills surrounding Santiago today.  There was a choice to go out to Cajon de Maipo where we were a few weeks ago but it would have been 2 hours each way for a 3 hour ride and it seemed excessive.  The runner-up included some views of Santiago sprawl but also of the beautiful surrounding hills and got horseback riding out of the system for now.  

Jonathan says:

I saw on the left side a bunch of houses and on the other a hill going steeply up.  The horses were pretty cooperative and knew their way around so I didn't need to steer that much and it was easier than Prairie Winds [a camp that he went to last summer where they had horseback riding lessons].  It is also a horse therapy (hippotherapy) place.  It looked like the hill was really tall and we were really high up because we could see everything down below but we really weren't.  It was really hot but surprisingly I didn't even drink half of my bottle of water.



Sprawl

A horse break


A human break - fresh cherries from the morning Farmer's Market 

More sprawl but happy children

Getting to know you

Meanwhile, Elisa and I had an unsuccessful bikini shopping trip (for me).  Oy!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Jen better read this!

    Sorry I have not been very responsive over the past week or so -you know how those last few weeks can be. Hope to write a longer response soon, but I am glad to see you covered Halloween. I was wondering...

    ReplyDelete