Monday, August 22, 2011

Talla Extra-L

I was warned - but the reality hurt a bit after losing 25 pounds last year.

Renee and I (and Elisa) finally went shopping to get Renee some outfits to wear to the Bat Mitzvahs.   So I imagine that in some of the wealthier communities in the States there are girls (and Moms) that dress the way they do here for the Bat Mitzvahs but Renee was just not goin' there.  I went to do some reconnaissance at a mall that favored little boutiques over the big name-brand stores (Apumanque).  Renee said that she'd wear a tunic and leggings but not anything else so I found five stores that could work and about 14 others that had "not-appropriate-for-a-pre-pubescent-girl-because-they-have-nothing-to-hold-it-up-but-they-wear-them-anyway" dresses just in case we ended up going that route.

We actually found two outfits, one a tunic with leggings and one.......a dress that is a take on a flapper dress and looks great on her.  The dress was not in one of THE stores, had straps, and looked like dancing worms so it worked (pictures later if she lets me).  So the first outfit had a huge discount if you bought three items so I decided to buy something for myself.  This is where I had to grin and bear it.  The lady looked at me and said "Talla L?"  I tried "L" and it just was not built for a 5'11" body so she searched and searched and found two things (hidden away) in "Talla Extra-L."  Not a lot of northern European genetic stock in this country!!!  I was warned.....

P.S.  I'm not going anywhere near the ladies shoe department!

1 comment: