Friday, February 24, 2012

Punta del Este, Uruguay Part III

The final three days with the cousins were a whirlwind of activities and hanging out.  First a trip to Lapataia, a "farm" where they used to milk cows and make fresh dulce de leche.  Since we have been going there it has become more commercialized and now includes bungee jumping, paint ball, and a ropes course.  We still went for the traditional Crepe con Dulce de Leche.





They don't make the dulce de leche on-site anymore but they do package it.  This is seen through a window.  We all decided that it would be fun to do the breast-stroke through a vat of dulce de leche with our tongues hanging out, of course.



Renee demonstrating her gymnastics skills


As if that didn't produce enough adrenaline we headed later to the beach and did some bungee jumping and Jonathan discovered go-karting.  We ended with a dunk in the water even though it was freezing and windy outside.  Jonathan just corrected me "it was not freezing for us."





After a goodbye attempt at chocolate fondue that was thoroughly enjoyed by Renee and Alberto and some last minute playtime, shopping, packing and hugging, Lucy, Rachel, and Ana headed back to Victoria on Friday night (Robert left a few days earlier). We are here until Tuesday night and then we head back to start school next Friday.  Yikes!





A quick word from Ana (my niece):  I never want to go back home.  I want to spend more time with my cousins.

A quick word from Rachel (my niece):  It was really fun and I'll miss my cousins and abuelos a lot but it is nice to be going home.

2 comments:

  1. Yup it was a ton of fun to go to Uruguay!
    p.s.
    A message to Renee and Jonathan, I miss you!

    From Rachel (you know, your cousin!)

    pay no attenion to the word anonymous below.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok I meant pay no attenion to the word anonymous above

    from Rachel (again!).

    ReplyDelete